Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Integrity

Just a few days after my last post, "Unemployment," I was contacted about a job opportunity that I had thought was long gone (ironic, huh?). The job is really nearly perfect for me. The hours, the location and the job description are all suited to my life right now. However, there was one caveat: I would have to screen content posted by users of a social networking site, which could expose me to some pretty inappropriate stuff.

I was going to just write it off as a necessary evil and try to work around it. But, thankfully, the woman who I had been in contact about the job really encouraged me to think about it seriously and make sure I would be okay with it. So, I took her advice and spent this last weekend thinking it over and came to the conclusion that I really wouldn't be okay doing that on a daily basis. Although I do believe God would protect my mind and heart if it came to that, I don't need to be putting myself in the line of fire, so to speak.

So, even though I am still unemployed, I am thankful that I didn't give in to accepting an unacceptable job. I kept my integrity, and hopefully God will bless me for that. I have faith that He will provide.

"The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness." -Matthew 6:22-23

No comments: