Sunday, August 27, 2006

Random Thoughts...

My Jesus, my Savior
Lord, there is none like You
All of my days I want to praise
The wonders of Your mighty love
My comfort, my shelter
Tower of refuge and strength
Let every breath, all that I am
Never cease to worship You

Lord of All Creation
Of water, earth and sky
The heavens are Your tabernacle
Glory to the Lord on High
God of wonders beyond our galaxy
You are holy, holy
The universe declares Your majesty
You are holy, holy
Lord of heaven and earth

"We must distinguish those things which God can use as tools for good from those things which are good tools to use."

"The Bible is so amazingly and bluntly true concerning every thing pertaining to life and living day-by-day. You could never find such wisdom in the writings of Aristotle, Socrates, Plato, Confucius, Gandhi, or any other philosopher, religious leader, or poet in all of history."

"God knows what it is to be human... He lived our lives. Yet He still says, 'with God nothing is impossible.' Who else would know?"

"May all my thoughts be pure and righteous, and directed towards my Heavenly Father as prayers."

"You will keep him in perfect peace; whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." (Isaiah 26:3) "The Hebrew expression translated 'perfect peace' is literally 'peace, peace.' Compare the word 'holy' in Isaiah 6:3. Immanuel will inaugurate this superior kind of peace (Isaiah 9:6 and 11:6-9)."

"If you abide in My Word you are My disciples indeed." (John 8:31) "A rose is a rose, is a rose without exception. A Christian is a Christian, is a Christian only when one follows his name sake."

"Lord, sometimes I feel like everything I need is in my head, but not in me heart. How do I remove whatever is blocking the road to my soul? I want Your ways to be deeply ingrained in my being. I want to always be in touch with Your will for me. Please, Lord, I want to know You. I want to follow always the path You have laid for me. Open the floodgates from my mind to my heart!"

"There are more lies in this world then there are people to tell them... But God seeks truth in the inward parts. Truth that is not pure is not truth at all. It's truth used to tell a lie."

"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

1 comment:

Ethel said...

Amen