Tuesday, June 20, 2006

In Common With Jesus

I have something in common, with Jesus my King.
You see He loves me so much,
He laid down His life down for me.

They pierced His hands and feet
The blood flowed from His side
Beyond recognition He was beaten
Upon His head He wore a crown of thorns
He was bruised for my iniquities
He was pierced for my transgressions
And every pound of the hammer
He felt the sins of the world
Being placed upon His shoulders
Yet by His stripes I am healed

His love, His grace, His mercy
My sins, my Savior, both died on that cross
He willingly bore the burdon of the world
And all the hate I have made
And all the hate I have endured
Was put onto Jesus, Love and Mercy manifest
He gave me life, I could never repay Him
All I could ever do is lay down my life back in His hands.

And that's what I have in common with Jesus.

No comments: