Thursday, March 30, 2006

Prayer for the Year - 2004

June 22, 2004

Lord, please give me words to speak. Be with me continually, constantly throughout every day. Reveal Yourself to me. I pray that You would help me to grow, tall and strong in my faith, in my relationship with You. I pray that You would turn me into a blessing to all I meet. Mold me into Your wonderful creation. I came from dust, You gave me the breath of life, but I am still just clay. Take me away to be with You every day. Fill me up to overflowing with the desire to be with You constantly. Keep my eyes on You. Make me like the girl in the song:

“They say she is loved by the greatest of all who has walked in this world. He lives far away still she spends all her days content with only His words. She often walks alone, but never is she lonely. You can offer her anything her affections are all for Him only. All the day long she sings sweetly, she says He speaks to her mind. She’s only rich with affliction, but a bitter word you won’t find. She lives with assurance He loves her to deeply to let such distance remain. She looks to the sky as if He is coming down from the clouds up above. She’s brimming with longing for Him to come calling and sweep her away. She often walks alone, but never is she lonely. You can offer her anything, her affections are all for Him only.”

Lord, I do long for You to come and take me away to be with You. But I cannot know when that will be, so, please, Lord Jesus, please, make me as close as I can be to You while on this earth. This is my desire, and You said, "He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry and save them." I pray that You would teach me to fear You properly. Teach me to know Your will, for I know that if the desire of my heart is in Your will, it is certain to be fulfilled!

You are chipping away at me daily. It can be painful and irritating. But just as a diamond, I must be brought down in size, the blackness melted away, and cut to shape in order to be perfect. Take me to You, in the Holy of Holies. Take me to You, where I can lay my heart before You so that it may be free of iniquity. Take me to You, so that I may know Your will and do great work for Your kingdom. Thank You, dear Jesus. Thank You so much.

In Jesus' Precious Name above all names, I pray these things, Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful prayer & great site...thank you!

Wil / www.inspiritministry.org